I’ve been nominated for a Beautiful Blogger award:
1. I must thank the person who bestowed this honor upon me.
Thank you, Michelle!
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog.
Ok, did that already!
3. Link to the bestowers’ site.
Here is Michelle’s blog. 🙂
4. Enumerate seven interesting things about myself.
[Well, I don’t know how interesting these will be, but there will be seven things anyhow!]
- I either do things immediately, or I put them off for ages. Perfect example: this post — It’s been over two weeks since Michelle told me about this, and I meant to do the post right away, but didn’t, so am just now getting to it.
- I’m the youngest in my family. Apparently, it took my parents three rough drafts before they came up with the best and final draft. 😉
- I can do the splits (sideways, not front-to-back). When I was pregnant with my first, I worked at a restaurant until I was about 6 months along, and (before the restaurant opened one day) I freaked my manager out by doing the splits at 5-6 months pregnant. Heh-heh.
- I’m teaching my sons how to read, and have made up some stories with simple words to help them. Here is one (with my 5-year-old’s help).
- Tigers are my favorite animal.
- I was a virgin when I married, at the age of 26.
- I don’t like to clean, but have found that a clean house makes me feel better than ignoring the mess, so I’ve recently started rephrasing my thoughts to, “I’m giving myself the gift of a clean house.” Ditto exercise — I don’t like doing it, but am saying, “I’m giving myself the gift of a better and healthier body.”
5. Nominate seven bloggers that I find beautiful.
1. Diana at Birth at Home in Arizona
2. Marilyn at Walking in Truth (her blog is in the “Top 100 for 2009” at Internet Cafe Devotions; also, the only one of these bloggers that I’ve actually met)
3. Sheridan at Enjoy Birth
4. Sarah at Parenting by Trial and Error
5. A. Guy Maligned at What Women Never Hear
6. KMom at Well Rounded Mama
7. At Your Cervix
See — I do read blogs that aren’t pregnancy- or birth-related!!
Filed under: Uncategorized