Today, I reached 200,000 hits on my blog stats! Woo-hoo!! To thank all of my readers, I am going to be doing another giveaway:
a copy of the book Breastfeeding with Comfort and Joy: A Photographic Guide for Mom and Those Who Help Her, by Laura Keegan!
And, here is photographic proof that it works — check out those fat rolls!🙂
This baby actually had to spend her first two weeks in the NICU due to a breathing issue, but her mom was able to pump and give her breastmilk, and then to fully breastfeed. Her mom said that the book helped out a lot, because although she had a lactation consultant in the hospital to help at first, after a few days, the LC didn’t come around any more, but she still had the book to help her out. Although the baby has started on table food, she rarely eats it, preferring to nurse. In fact, she is now over nine months old, but still almost exclusively breastfed. I’d call that a success story!🙂
Now, onto the rules…
I will pick one winner at random from all entries received, and you can have more than one entry, to increase your chances. Here are all the different ways to enter:
- Blog about the giveaway, linking both to this post and the book’s website: www.breastfeedingwithcomfortandjoy.com. Because Breastfeeding with Comfort and Joy is self-published, it’s only available at this website.
[If you have more than one blog, you can write a post about the giveaway and get one entry for each blog!]
- If you’ve read the book, write a review! If you’ve already written a review, link to it in your blog entry about the giveaway.
- Add Laura Keegan’s breastfeeding blog to your blogroll, if you have a blog; and/or add it to your reading list, subscriptions, Google Reader, bookmarks, etc. — however you keep up with the blogs you read — you get the idea! [if you do both, you’ll get two entries]
- Spread the word – share about the giveaway and/or the book on email lists, bulletin boards, as a comment on other blogs [but, please, not in a spammy way!], internet chat rooms, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Del.icio.us, Digg, Mixx, etc., etc., or just good old-fashioned phone calls or in-person conversations.
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
As you do these things, drop me an email at kathy_petersen_283 at yahoo dot com or leave a comment on this post letting me know you’ve done it. If you tell someone about the book — whether through the internet or in person — please tell me a little about why you mentioned the book — is your friend a fellow birth junkie? a mom who has had trouble breastfeeding in the past? expecting twins? a new mom? a pregnant cashier at the grocery store? your midwife or doctor, or your baby’s pediatrician?
There is no limit to how many entries you can have, so the more you tell others about the book, in any way of communication, the more entries you will get. BUT, this is very important — you must tell me that you’ve done it, in order for me to know that you’ve done it! The contest will run for two weeks (closing at midnight of Nov. 25, the day before Thanksgiving), and I will pick the winner at random. I will put each person’s name on a piece of paper, one time for every entry, and will put all the paper in a hat or bowl, and pull out one piece of paper. I will announce the winner the following day, which will be pretty cool since it’s Thanksgiving, it will give someone a little extra to be thankful for!🙂
Good luck, everybody!!
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: | baby, birth, book giveaway, breast fed, breast milk, breastfed, breastfeed book, breastfeeding, breastfeeding book, breastfeeding book giveaway, breastfeeding with comfort and joy, breastmilk, childbirth, exclusive breastfeeding, nicu, pregnancy, pregnant, successful breastfeeding